Monday, June 15, 2009

Sorry for this being really late.

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of the night in June
I Didn't know much of love, but it came too soon
And There was me and you, and then it got real blue
Stay at home talkin' on the telephone and
We would get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

Dear Vitamin C,
Your sappy lyrics made me tear up on grad night. Thanks. I think the DJ was trying to kill all of us in the room. I'm surprised that the whole room didn't burst into tears. I mean, it IS the end for a lot of us. Like for Libby, it was the last year, no, the last few moments, that we were going to be students together. Also, what convinced you to write this song anyways? I mean, you guys probably didn't even all go to school together.

Sincerely (or at least until next graduation),
Liana


A FEW DAYS EARLIER:
Ok, grad was too important to skip out and blog about it like two days later, so I’m doing this blog prior to posting it on word (it’s 12:46 and the wi fi is off, which means no internet, ergo, no blogging). Grad was fun-ish. As I told Andrea, I was nervous but excited. Dress. Felita and Libbz had the same one. Oh well. Felita’s was a bit more awkward though, she sat DIRECTLY behind me. Doug and Alyssa screwed up their oratoricals COMPLETELY. oh crap, my eyes are getting all drifty, which means I need to sleep. FINISH TOMORROW(or not)! –pause at 12:50 for sleep-

OKAY WELL NOW...VERY LATER (as in not tomorrow) I gotta finish this blog. Grad ceremony was really long and really short at the same time. It seemed to go pretty quickly, the oratoricals dragged on and on. Nate and Sean's speeches were really good. Carrie's design was nice. McG's speech was decent. Asian guy's speech was hard to understand and slightly forgettable. The diplomas were trés lame. Like, they were smaller than the certificates. The water bottle cantene thing was....HEY SCHOOL WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE SPENT A LITTLE LESS MONEY ON WATER CONTAINER THINGS AND MORE ON LARGER DIPLOMAS?! Oh well, i guess its nice. I'll use it at camp. PS WHERE WAS DOWNEY? and i never got to take my picture with dr. mcdaniel and angee and lauren.

DINNER
Went to islands with Noah and his mom and the family. Our waiter was kind of weird. He used the word radicle. I ordered the maui (his suggestion) and it was yummy. TV with laker game was really far away, so Noah, being the lazy bum he was, wasted 99 cents on a phone app. I think in the end they tied (?) Or they won. YEAH THEY WON. Drove Noah over there.

GRAD PARTY
Grad party was okay. After going to about 23 of them last/this year, nothing is really exciting. Pictures we took were funny. Nate asking Eden to dance and her responding yes not knowing what she was agreeing to was priceless. (and no they didn't dance) Running around with Nate through the crowd of slow dancers DURING GRADUATION SONG (WAAAHHH) to look at all the people slow dancing and rate them was priceless. Blackjack. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Blackjack wouldn't let me freaking leave. Every time I tried to leave by putting all in, i ended up getting like a 20 or even a blackjack. I'M TELLING YOU IT WAS RIGGED. haha. I was actually oddly exhausted after and fell asleep right after doing that little paragraph blog. Graduation song went on. People slow danced. Nate and I did our "run through crowd and see everyone slow dancing." Song ended. People abandonned the teeny tiny dance floor. Doorway got clogged. Me and friendsies stayed and talked a little. Gave chunkie a hug (which never happens) Left when everyone was done saying goodbye. Libby drove me home. Almost hit a creeper cat.

THE END. TO THE CLASS OF '09, THE NEW HMS ALUMNI.

No comments:

Post a Comment